Pro package contents

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi George,

welcome to this forum 1st of all !

For me one of the greatest advantages of the "pro" version was that it supports more than 3 LAYERS - because this makes the work on greater and very detailed systems much, much easier. Thus, you can make single layers for e.g. trains, cars, rails, roads, vegetation, people, decoration, signals, traffic signs, water etc. ... and switch them on an off to work on single objects. - Together with the unlimited number of models (instead of only 150, which is fast achieved) and the other advantages the price is quite OK for me, apart from the fact to support such a awesome project (y) !

greetZ from
Georg

1 hour ago, Jud91 said:

Any links to websites where I can download UK Signals and extra Rolling Stock please?

Do you mean these 'semaphore' signals..? If so, I don't think that there are any available to download, ready for adding to a layout. Maybe someone has already created some, and could share them; if not, I could make some (I use Blender for modelling in 3D this type of object...). Be aware, though, that there are thousands of permutations for these signals, and it would be impossible to model each and every version, so a selection would have to be made.
The 'Lights' type of signals could be modelled, too, but I know even less about those. It's possible, but would require some research.
Rolling stock is similar; I know of few readily-available UK wagons or coaches, or locos. They can be made; how patient are you..? ;)

Meinen Sie diese 'Semaphor'-Signale...? Wenn dies der Fall ist, gibt es meines Erachtens keine zum Herunterladen bereit, die einem Layout hinzugefügt werden können. Vielleicht hat jemand schon welche erstellt und könnte sie teilen; wenn nicht, könnte ich einige machen (ich verwende Blender zum Modellieren dieser Art von Objekten in 3D ...). Beachten Sie jedoch, dass es für diese Signale Tausende von Permutationen gibt und es unmöglich wäre, jede einzelne Version zu modellieren, sodass eine Auswahl getroffen werden müsste.
Die Art von Signalen könnte auch modelliert werden, aber ich weiß noch weniger darüber. Es ist möglich, würde aber einige Recherchen erfordern.
Rollmaterial ist ähnlich; Ich kenne nur wenige leicht verfügbare britische Waggons oder Reisebusse oder Lokomotiven. Sie können hergestellt werden; wie geduldig bist du..?

a-Semaphore-Signals.jpg.2d267ecc2eeb8a5166c8dc02c1182153.jpg

15 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Do you mean these 'semaphore' signals..? If so, I don't think that there are any available to download, ready for adding to a layout. Maybe someone has already created some, and could share them; if not, I could make some (I use Blender for modelling in 3D this type of object...). Be aware, though, that there are thousands of permutations for these signals, and it would be impossible to model each and every version, so a selection would have to be made.
The 'Lights' type of signals could be modelled, too, but I know even less about those. It's possible, but would require some research.
Rolling stock is similar; I know of few readily-available UK wagons or coaches, or locos. They can be made; how patient are you..? ;)

Meinen Sie diese 'Semaphor'-Signale...? Wenn dies der Fall ist, gibt es meines Erachtens keine zum Herunterladen bereit, die einem Layout hinzugefügt werden können. Vielleicht hat jemand schon welche erstellt und könnte sie teilen; wenn nicht, könnte ich einige machen (ich verwende Blender zum Modellieren dieser Art von Objekten in 3D ...). Beachten Sie jedoch, dass es für diese Signale Tausende von Permutationen gibt und es unmöglich wäre, jede einzelne Version zu modellieren, sodass eine Auswahl getroffen werden müsste.
Die Art von Signalen könnte auch modelliert werden, aber ich weiß noch weniger darüber. Es ist möglich, würde aber einige Recherchen erfordern.
Rollmaterial ist ähnlich; Ich kenne nur wenige leicht verfügbare britische Waggons oder Reisebusse oder Lokomotiven. Sie können hergestellt werden; wie geduldig bist du..?

a-Semaphore-Signals.jpg.2d267ecc2eeb8a5166c8dc02c1182153.jpg

I do appreciate your reply and even more your offer.   I have just this second bought the Pro version.  I will play with it for a while and, if it is OK, come back to you.  Thanks again.  Very kind.  George

1 hour ago, Jud91 said:

I do appreciate your reply and even more your offer.   I have just this second bought the Pro version.  I will play with it for a while and, if it is OK, come back to you.  Thanks again.  Very kind.  George

By that time I may have made one. ;) Are they the type of signal you'd want, just the same..?

Bis dahin habe ich vielleicht schon einen gemacht. ;) Sind sie die Art von Signal, die Sie sich wünschen würden, trotzdem..?

Douglas

I thought I'd have a modest go at an 'easy' one, first, so here's a tentative floodlit Shunting signal. I don't know, though, how or what is required to have it clip to the track and behave as a signal, stopping a train (or even if that's desirable...). I'll animate it (that's not done yet...), then have a closer look at the semaphore ones. B|

Ich dachte, ich würde zuerst ein bescheidenes versuchen, also ein vorläufiges Rangiersignal mit Flutlicht. Ich weiß jedoch nicht, wie oder was erforderlich ist, um es an das Gleis zu klammern und sich als Signal zu verhalten, einen Zug anzuhalten (oder auch wenn das wünschenswert ist ...). Ich werde es animieren (das ist noch nicht fertig...), dann schaue mir die Semaphoren genauer an. B|

2021-11-01 03_22_58-Blender [C__ProgramData__Blender_UK Signals_UK_Sign_Shun_01.blend].jpg

I'm watching this thread...

@Jud91 Some3one did create the "Butterly" station and signal box, name of @kdlamann. I don't know if he went so far as to create signals and rolling stock.

@Dad3353 I would be very interested in your offer to make UK semaphore signals. I have some ideas for how the "infinite variations" could be accommodated, by building a kit of parts that can be put together. I'm not sure how that would function though.

I've done a Very First One (a Very Simple One, just to see...). It's a Shunter Signal, floodlit, and animated. Here's a quick video cobbled together, using Events to stop the shunter and animate the signal. It's a start, but, as I explained, I don't know how this could become a 'real' signal'.
I'm not sure that a box of kit parts would be that useful. To me, there's two options: 1 - have the basic signals that cover most 'normal' use, and 2 - learn how to make, for oneself, any exotica for one-off use. Not many folk will want to assemble parts to have a simple red semaphore, so I'd suggest being reasonable in what is really useful, and being willing to take the time and trouble to make anything else. It's not that difficult, and there's plenty of help available to get started.
Meanwhile, I'll have a go at a simple one-arm semaphore and take it from there. Here's the video of my shunter...

Ich habe eine allererste gemacht (eine sehr einfache, nur um zu sehen ...). Es ist ein Rangiersignal, beleuchtet und animiert. Hier ist ein kurzes Video, das zusammengeschustert ist und Ereignisse verwendet, um den Rangierer zu stoppen und das Signal zu animieren. Es ist ein Anfang, aber wie ich bereits erklärt habe, weiß ich nicht, wie dies ein „echtes“ Signal werden könnte.
Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob eine Kiste mit Kit-Teilen so nützlich wäre. Für mich gibt es zwei Möglichkeiten: 1 - die grundlegenden Signale haben, die den meisten "normalen" Gebrauch abdecken, und 2 - lernen, wie man sich Exoten für den einmaligen Gebrauch macht. Nicht viele Leute werden Teile zusammenbauen wollen, um ein einfaches rotes Semaphor zu haben, daher würde ich vorschlagen, vernünftig zu sein, was wirklich nützlich ist, und bereit zu sein, die Zeit und die Mühe auf sich zu nehmen, um alles andere zu machen. Es ist nicht so schwer und es gibt viele Hilfestellungen, um loszulegen.
In der Zwischenzeit probiere ich ein einfaches einarmiges Semaphor aus und nehme es von dort. Hier ist das Video von meinem Rangierer...

10 minutes ago, HWB said:

Excellent, Hermann. Just right for frightening me with the number of variations that exist..! :D

Ausgezeichnet, Hermann. Genau richtig, um mich bei der Vielzahl an Variationen zu erschrecken..!

Hey Douglas,

as I read about the UK signals - would be the UK project at all to design the scene and to program the complete plot of the "Great Train Robbery" from 1963 ! As far as I remember, the manipulation of a signal played a main role for the success of Ronnie Biggs and his guys. The LandRover is ready to start, and you are fit in Blender to compose some bad looking crooks ... I would give you the honorary title "Sir Douglas of the golden rail" !

There's an exciting German TV movie in three parts called "The gentlemen ask for cash" - of course in black & white and made in 1965. Since I saw it as a child I love it !

best greetZ from
Georg

Here's my first semaphore signal, made and animated with Blender. I've imported it into MBS as a 3D Model, as I don't know how to get it treated as a Signal. It's been animated here by Track Contacts and Events. I could do others (do one, done 'em all...), if they'd be useful to anyone. B|

Edit: I've looked again at the Signal definition in the Wiki, and I think I understand it now, so I'll try to make a Signal-compatible version. One question : Can a signal like this be 'clipped' to the left of the track, as in the UK..? Hmm...

Hier ist mein erstes Semaphorsignal, erstellt und animiert mit Blender. Ich habe es als 3D-Modell in MBS importiert, da ich nicht weiß, wie ich es als Signal behandeln soll. Es wurde hier von Track Contacts and Events animiert. Ich könnte andere machen (machen Sie einen, machen Sie sie alle ...), wenn sie für irgendjemanden nützlich wären. B|

Bearbeiten: Ich habe mir die Signal-Definition im Wiki noch einmal angesehen und denke, ich verstehe sie jetzt, also werde ich versuchen, eine Signal-kompatible Version zu erstellen. Eine Frage: Kann ein solches Signal wie in Großbritannien links von der Spur "abgeschnitten" werden? Hmm...

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

It's good!

A lot better than I could do... Only one thing: the red and green lenses are on an arc, with a white light behind them (these are lowered aspect, raised aspect obviously has the green lens on top

semaphore-signals-at-weybourne-north-norfolk-railway-england-uk-MPCD3F.thumb.jpg.6c9f06c4d27c7145a09223a855662490.jpg

I've tried to upload a video to You Tube of the all too familiar German semaphore signals that show the same thing. I know you know this, but I'm trying to see if I can get this You Tube doohicky to do more than just play my favourite songs and let me watch funny videos

Bearbeitet von simonjackson1964
Embed vudeo

14 minutes ago, simonjackson1964 said:

... Only one thing: the red and green lenses are on an arc, with a white light behind them...

And there we have it, in one..! All I want, at the moment, is to have a red signal at night for 'Stop', and a green one for 'Go'..! If the British Rail folk had done things my way, there would never have been a requirement for arcs and the like. To me, that's a detail of little import, unless actually trying to create an accurate scale model of the real signal (or, at least, one in one of the photos; there are thousands, all different..!).
The way I did mine, in Blender, does not involve a white lamp behind a coloured lens. MBS doesn't work that way, as there is no 'lamp'. My signal arm has a black 'elbow', through which I make protrude an emissive cylinder, red or green depending on the animation positioning. In 'reality', they are always 'lit', but hidden behind the black part of the arm.
I could, if I worked on it, possibly change the geometry of the arm's animation such that it pivots above its centre line. That's how 'real' ones do it (sometimes...). For the purposes of a model railway, I've not (yet...) chosen that route, nor have I included the weighted manual lever at the base, nor the control wire connected, at 500 yards distance by pulleys, to th signal box where the signalman pulls the long levers. How detailed is 'detailed enough'..? For the moment, I'm pleased that it moves at all (I tried declaring it as a 'Signal' in MBS, but couldn't get it recognised.
Yes, the pivoting is 'wrong'. It's not (yet...) dirtied by smoke and weathering, either. What would be the next step..? The same, but in yellow..? A double gantry..? 'True to scale' dimensions..? A hollow 'hoop' at the top..? Different mast textures..? One can go crazy going down each of these rabbit holes..! :D

Und da haben wir es, in einem..! Alles, was ich im Moment will, ist nachts ein rotes Signal für 'Stop' und ein grünes für 'Go'..! Wenn die Leute von British Rail es auf meine Weise getan hätten, wären Bögen und dergleichen nie erforderlich gewesen. Für mich ist das ein Detail von geringer Bedeutung, es sei denn, man versucht tatsächlich, ein maßstabsgetreues Modell des echten Signals zu erstellen (oder zumindest eines auf einem der Fotos; es gibt Tausende, alle unterschiedlich ...!).
So wie ich es in Blender gemacht habe, handelt es sich nicht um eine weiße Lampe hinter einer farbigen Linse. MBS funktioniert so nicht, da es keine 'Lampe' gibt. Mein Signalarm hat einen schwarzen 'Ellbogen', durch den ich je nach Animationspositionierung einen emittierenden Zylinder ragen lasse, rot oder grün. In der 'Realität' sind sie immer 'beleuchtet', aber hinter dem schwarzen Teil des Armes versteckt.
Ich könnte, wenn ich daran arbeite, möglicherweise die Geometrie der Animation des Arms so ändern, dass er über seiner Mittellinie schwenkt. So machen es 'echte' (manchmal...). Für die Zwecke einer Modelleisenbahn habe ich diese Route (noch...) nicht gewählt, noch habe ich den gewichteten Handhebel an der Basis mit einbezogen, noch das Steuerkabel, das in 500 Meter Entfernung durch Umlenkrollen mit dem Signal verbunden ist Kasten, wo der Bahnwärter die langen Hebel zieht. Wie detailliert ist 'detailliert genug'...? Im Moment bin ich froh, dass es sich überhaupt bewegt (ich habe versucht, es in MBS als 'Signal' zu deklarieren, konnte es aber nicht erkennen.
Ja, das Pivotieren ist 'falsch'. Es ist auch (noch...) nicht durch Rauch und Verwitterung verschmutzt. Was wäre der nächste Schritt..? Das gleiche, aber in gelb..? Ein Doppelportal..? "Maßstabsgetreue" Abmessungen..? Ein hohler "Reifen" oben..? Verschiedene Masttexturen..? Man kann verrückt werden, wenn man jedes dieser Kaninchenlöcher hinuntergeht..! :D

No, I'm sorry but I'll need a little more hand-holding again. I've read the Wiki, and anything else I could find (not much :(...), but don't understand what makes a signal into a Signal, nor how to do the animations in the way MBS wants them. I've seen the words, and understand them (once translated...), but I can't find any sense in them. It's me that's lacking, obviously, and it makes perfect sense, I'm sure, once you know what that sense is, but for now, I'm stuck.
When created in MBS, as a Signal, should it stick to the tracks..? On the right or left..? I've set up the animations to run one after the other, and they work. I've declared them in the 'Signal Indications', but they appear nowhere. They work when I trigger them by Events, but only as a complete sequence, which is not what's required. In the Wiki there's a mention of '_AnimSignal'. Where is this declared..? With '_WheelSet' it's in the modelling software (naming the bogies, for instance...). How does one use '_AnimSignal'.., In my signal, there are three animations defined, running concurrently (the pivoting arm, the appearance of a lens and the hiding of the other lens...). Do they need special names..? It's all very confusing until someone explains it all clearly, then it works. I'm lacking this clear (to me...) explanation. Any offers..? Thanks in advance. (y) 

Nein, tut mir leid, aber ich brauche wieder etwas mehr Händchenhalten. Ich habe das Wiki gelesen und alles andere, was ich finden konnte (nicht viel :( ...), verstehe aber nicht, was ein Signal zu einem Signal macht, noch wie man die Animationen so macht, wie MBS es will. Ich habe die Wörter gesehen und verstehe sie (einmal übersetzt...), aber ich kann keinen Sinn darin finden. Es fehlt offensichtlich an mir, und es macht absolut Sinn, ich bin sicher, wenn Sie erst einmal wissen, was dieser Sinn ist, aber im Moment stecke ich fest.
Sollte es, wenn es in MBS als Signal erstellt wird, an den Spuren haften bleiben? Rechts oder links..? Ich habe die Animationen so eingerichtet, dass sie nacheinander ausgeführt werden, und sie funktionieren. Ich habe sie in den 'Signal Indications' deklariert, aber sie tauchen nirgendwo auf. Sie funktionieren, wenn ich sie durch Ereignisse auslöse, aber nur als vollständige Sequenz, was nicht erforderlich ist. Im Wiki wird '_AnimSignal' erwähnt. Wo ist das deklariert..? Bei '_WheelSet' ist es in der Modellierungssoftware (zB die Benennung der Drehgestelle...). Wie verwendet man '_AnimSignal'? In meinem Signal sind drei Animationen definiert, die gleichzeitig laufen (der Schwenkarm, das Erscheinen einer Linse und das Ausblenden der anderen Linse...). Brauchen sie spezielle Namen...? Es ist alles sehr verwirrend, bis jemand alles klar erklärt, dann funktioniert es. Mir fehlt diese klare (für mich...) Erklärung. Irgendwelche Angebote..? Danke im Voraus. (y)

Hallo / Hello Douglas,

"_AnimSignal" ist die Bezeichnung für die komplette "AnimationSet"-Definiton, von der ich nicht weiß, wie sie in Blender erzeugt wird (ich weiß es nur für Sketchup). Beim Hochladen des Modells in das Modellbahn-Studio im 3D-Modeleditor gibt man den Modell-Typ "Signal" an. Dann weiß das Modellbahn-Studio, dass dieses Modell als Signal geschaltet und dabei die im Modell enthaltene AnimationSet-Definition mit der Bezeichnung "_AnimSignal" entsprechend den Signalstellungen ausgewertet werden soll. Die Signalstellungen werden im 3D-Modelleditor unter der Registerkarte "Signalbegriffe" definiert. Entsprechend der Anzahl der hier spezifizierten Signalbegriffe teilt das Modellbahn-Studio die in der AnimationSet-Definition abgelegte Animationsfolge (oder jenen Teil davon, der in einer möglicherweise hinzugefügten Anim-Datei für die Animation "_AnimSignal" ausgewiesen ist) in gleich große Teilabschnitte auf, die dann jeweils zur Darstellung des entsprechenden Signalzustands hergenommen werden.
"_AnimSignal" is the name for the complete "AnimationSet" definition, which I don't know how it is created in Blender (I know it only for Sketchup). When uploading the model to the Train Studio in the 3D model editor, you specify the model type "Signal". Then the Train Studio knows that this model should be switched as a signal and thereby the AnimationSet definition contained in the model with the name "_AnimSignal" should be evaluated according to the signal positions. The signal positions are defined in the 3D model editor under the "Signal indications" tab. According to the number of signal indications specified here, the Train Studio divides the animation sequence stored in the AnimationSet definition (or that part of it which is designated in a possibly added Anim file for the animation "_AnimSignal") into equally large subsections, which are then taken in each case for the representation of the corresponding signal state.

In Deinem konkreten Beispiel, wo die Animation aus einem Schwenkarm, einer einzublendenden und einer auszublendenden Linse besteht, gilt die obige Beschrebung für jede dieser Bauteil-Animationen, die Teil der Gesamtanimation "_AnimSignal" sind, aber jeweils durch die Bezeichnung des Bauteils für welches diese spezielle Animation vorgesehen ist, identifiziert werden (in Sketchup ist dies der Gruppen-Name, in DirectX der beim Export daraus erzeugte Frame-Name).
In your concrete example, where the animation consists of a pivoting arm, a lens to be activated and a lens to be hided, the description above applies to each of these component animations, which are part of the overall animation "_AnimSignal", but are each identified by the name of the component for which this particular animation is intended (in Sketchup this is the group name, in DirectX the frame name generated from it during export).

Viele Grüße / many greetings
BahnLand

2 hours ago, BahnLand said:

..."_AnimSignal" is the name for the complete "AnimationSet" definition...

Thanks for that; it helps a little. I realise that SketchUp and Blender do things differently, but thanks to the description above I've created an 'Empty' (a container of sorts...) for the animated arm and lens, and MBS now recognises my Signal Indications of 'Stop' and 'Proceed'. The signal animation is not triggered by this, though, and the signal does not connect to the side of the track, so it doesn't seem to be recognises completely as a Signal, and I don't know what else is needed for that to happen. When I compare to Form Signal 1 from the catalogue, for instance, the difference is flagrant. What is required to have that behaviour..? Mystery still, i'm afraid. :(

Dank dafür; es hilft ein wenig. Mir ist klar, dass SketchUp und Blender die Dinge anders machen, aber dank der obigen Beschreibung habe ich ein 'Leer' (eine Art Container ...) für den animierten Arm und das Objektiv erstellt, und MBS erkennt jetzt meine Signalanzeigen von 'Stop “ und „Weiter“. Die Signalanimation wird dadurch jedoch nicht ausgelöst und das Signal wird nicht mit der Seite des Gleises verbunden, daher scheint es nicht vollständig als Signal erkannt zu werden, und ich weiß nicht, was dafür noch benötigt wird passieren. Wenn ich zum Beispiel mit Form Signal 1 aus dem Katalog vergleiche, ist der Unterschied eklatant. Was ist erforderlich, um dieses Verhalten zu haben..? Ich fürchte, es ist immer noch ein Mysterium. :(