Neue Beta-Version V8

Neo

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi Neo

I have to admit that you have done it once again, the V8 beta version is great, although my very first impression was not quite so glowing as I thought it all just a little bit irritating moving from one area to another. However, it didn't take long, just a little bit of patience and an inquisitive mouse to search out most of the little tricks needed to master these new techniques.

Thus far I have not looked into all of the new features but am now very confident that when I do so they too will be as exciting. Just what you can now do with V9 after this is completely beyond comprehension but no doubt by the time you introduce it, I might just about have mastered all of V8.

Cheers

Pete

Hello, a strange effect. If you use terrain tools to raise or lower the terrain with a limit. If you do this with a detached window * ( brush size - strenght - limit ) the previously chosen limit will override yours. I can reconstruct it. I'm currently trying to write a scenario, so you can repeat it too. * The strange effect is not there with the fixed window. Only here at my home ? V8-Win11.

Hallo, ein seltsamer Effekt. Wenn man mit Geländewerkzeugen das Gelände mit einem Limit anhebt oder absenkt. Wenn man dies mit einem abgetrennten Fenster * ( Pinselgröße - Stärke - Limit ) macht, wird das vorher gewählte Limit überschrieben. Ich kann das rekonstruieren. Ich versuche gerade, ein Szenario zu schreiben, damit man es auch nachmachen kann. * Der seltsame Effekt ist bei dem festen Fenster nicht da. Nur hier bei mir zu Hause ? V8-Win11.

Greetings. Grüße,   Herman

Solution : if you use "enter" the new value  is accepted for the limit. In the fixed window typing is enough.
Lösung: Wenn Sie den neuen Wert mit "Enter" eingeben, wird er als Grenzwert akzeptiert. In den festen Fenster genügt das Tippen.

Example.
Fresh layout, model railroad.
Terrain tools ( F8 ).
Use raise terrain.
( I took the square. )
Raise a piece of terrain with a limit ( I took 50), make first sure that the window is fixed.
Now detach the window and place it elsewhere.
Change the limit to a lower one ( I took 25 mm ) Do not use the “ENTER”.
Raise another piece of terrain -> the previous 50 override yours.

Bearbeitet von Herman
typo

Hello, am I alone with this effect ? A little reaction maybe ? I will give short a more extreme variant. If you lower an higher terrain to limit 0. Then try to raise another piece of terrain to limit 50. Does not work. The 0 overrides your 50. ( Only the detatched window has this effect - and of course you can use "ENTER" as a solution. )
Regards, Herman

Hallo, bin ich allein mit diesem Effekt? Vielleicht eine kleine Reaktion ? Ich werde kurz eine extremere Variante geben. Wenn man ein höheres Terrain auf die Grenze 0 absenkt. Dann versucht man ein anderes Geländestück auf Limit 50 zu erhöhen. Funktioniert nicht. Die 0 übersteuert deine 50. (Nur das abgetrennte Fenster hat diesen Effekt - und natürlich kann man "ENTER" als Lösung verwenden. )
Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Herman

Hello members, I did send this report a few times to the studio because I have it regular when changing the terrain with terrain tools. By the best of my knowledge I used this tools in my new V8 layout, and mostly it works flawless. The V8 is not killed, and you can work in the same layout at the same place. Even if I did the same immediatly after, it works. So no clue what it is, and I cannot reproduce it either.

Hallo Mitglieder, ich habe diesen Bericht ein paar Mal an das Studio geschickt, weil ich ihn regelmäßig beim Ändern des Geländes mit den Geländewerkzeugen habe. Meines Wissens nach habe ich diese Werkzeuge in meiner neuen V8-Anlage verwendet, und meistens funktioniert es einwandfrei. Der V8 ist nicht tot, und man kann im gleichen Layout an der gleichen Stelle arbeiten. Auch wenn ich das gleiche direkt danach gemacht habe, funktioniert es. Ich habe also keine Ahnung, woran es liegt, und ich kann es auch nicht reproduzieren.

And it is weekend, see you again later. Have a nice evening. Regards, Herman. Und es ist Wochenende, wir sehen uns später wieder. Einen schönen Abend noch. Viele Grüße, Herman

1927737881_2022-11-13error.jpg.2ddf46e9c8459068030b59b9aa646f29.jpg

Bearbeitet von Herman

Hi Herman,

if you want to do Neo a favour, record your actions.
When the crash happens, end the recording, keep the last few actions and upload that bit as a clip on YouTube.
Doesn't have to be public.

Send the YouTube link with the report.

Or, if that's not viable for you, watch the recording yourself and describe the actions up to the crash in detail.
Maybe see if you can boil them down to a simple, reproduceable procedure.

I know I'm asking a lot. And by no means should you feel oblidged to do any of this!
But it would be of great help to Neo in identifying the cause.

Also: Error reports are a one way street. Meaning that you won't get an immediate answer.
But every error report is checked and investigated for fruitful information.

Kind regards
Goetz

Hello @Goetz , thanks for the tip. But very difficult for me. ( you mean a video capture I guess ).  I can work for hours and hours and then suddenly it happens. ( regular but not often ). And I did not want an immediate answer for the error, if it seems so, well I apologize. 
On the other hand the strange effect I noticed with the limit, I did report it in detail how I reproduced it.  So I'm still wondering if someone else can reproduce it too. 

Hallo @Goetz , danke für den Tipp. Ist aber sehr schwierig für mich. ( Du meinst wohl eine Videoaufnahme ).  Ich kann stundenlang arbeiten, und dann passiert es plötzlich. ( regelmäßig aber nicht oft ). Und ich wollte keine sofortige Antwort auf den Fehler, wenn es so aussieht, entschuldige ich mich. 
Andererseits habe ich über den seltsamen Effekt, den ich bei der Begrenzung festgestellt habe, ausführlich berichtet, wie ich ihn reproduziert habe.  Ich frage mich also immer noch, ob jemand anderes es auch reproduzieren kann. 

40 minutes ago, Goetz said:

But every error report is checked and investigated for fruitful information.

Glad to hear, but I surely did not doubt that. Only, I thought ( probably I am wrong ) that with the report a kind of dump code was sent to investigate. Probably not ? Kind regards, and always very happy with a reply. Herman

Freut mich zu hören, aber ich habe das sicher nicht bezweifelt. Nur dachte ich (wahrscheinlich irre ich mich), dass mit dem Bericht eine Art Dump-Code zur Untersuchung geschickt wurde. Wahrscheinlich nicht ? Mit freundlichen Grüßen, und immer sehr froh über eine Antwort. Herman

Bearbeitet von Herman
translation errors

Hi,

vor einer Stunde schrieb Herman:

On the other hand the strange effect I noticed with the limit, I did report it in detail how I reproduced it.  So I'm still wondering if someone else can reproduce it too. 

Andererseits habe ich über den seltsamen Effekt, den ich bei der Begrenzung festgestellt habe, ausführlich berichtet, wie ich ihn reproduziert habe.  Ich frage mich also immer noch, ob jemand anderes es auch reproduzieren kann. 

I can reproduce it according to your description. The same effect is available in V7 when using 'floating windows'.
(Perhaps it is an effect of Windows and not of MBS that in this case you have to confirm the entry with Enter.)

Ich kann es nach Deiner Beschreibung reproduzieren. Den gleichen Effekt gibt es in V7, wenn man "Freischwebende Fenster" benutzt.
(Vielleicht ist es ein Effekt von Windows und nicht vom MBS, daß man in diesem Fall die Eingabe mit Enter bestätigen muß.)

Regards,
EASY

Bearbeitet von EASY