Dad335's models (Modellbau...)...

Dad3353

Empfohlene Beiträge

51 minutes ago, Goetz said:

I hate to say this, Doug, but ...
the middle two of the four big wheels are off center. They're noticeably bobbin' up 'n' down.

That aside, it's an interesting model of a curious locomotive.

Read the post above again, old friend, especially the very first phrase. The wheels in question wobble no more (or, at least, it's no longer noticeable...). If that were the only issue, I'd call it complete, but, alas, there is much more in the way of finishing touches left for me to sort out. I'm pleased, of course, that you looked closely enough. I'll get back to the polishing now, before calling it a night. Sleep well... :)

Lies den Beitrag oben noch einmal, alter Freund, besonders den allerersten Satz. Die fraglichen Räder wackeln nicht mehr (oder zumindest nicht mehr spürbar ...). Wenn dies das einzige Problem wäre, würde ich es als vollständig bezeichnen, aber leider gibt es noch viel mehr an abschließenden Details, die ich klären muss. Es freut mich natürlich, dass du genau genug hingeschaut hast. Ich werde jetzt auf das Polieren zurückkommen, bevor ich es eine Nacht nenne. Gut schlafen... :)

Douglas

• 3 Wochen später...

The coaches with the ID's

Die Wagen mit den IDs:

1st class...

958A7CFC-5FA9-4C1D-A2DE-65C0DFD48160

... and 2nd class...

B66FEDA8-81DB-4A80-95D3-9836CC9C4F7C

1st-2nd class...

98BC039A-E6BC-4C31-AA49-C62100801924

... have been published for potential inclusion in the Catalogue, and await  approval.

... wurden für eine potenzielle Aufnahme in den Katalog veröffentlicht und warten auf die Genehmigung.

Douglas

736743340_2022-12-0703_32_17-Showroom-3DTrainStudioV8.thumb.jpg.222e4dc014b66717d925a61a88aa8185.jpg

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

@Neo...

The Half-Restaurant models are now published as Draft, awaiting approval. Seen here in 'night' mode...

Die Halbspeisewagen-Modelle werden jetzt als Entwurf veröffentlicht und warten auf die Genehmigung. Hier im 'Nacht'-Modus zu sehen...

D8F18872-8A1E-4A7B-9E88-6BB87741A274

Douglas

233395535_2022-12-0712_36_49-Showroom_-3DTrainStudioV8.thumb.jpg.243ab9959ad5c32ef3eb126502e06bfc.jpg

Just a quick note: Interesting fault of the translator. So far it did its work pretty good, but this time there's a mistake that shouldn't happen. 'werden jetzt' belongs to the future. It means that you will now upload it. DeepL is correct here and says 'sind jetzt'. That's what 'are' means.

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

Just a quick note: Interesting fault of the translator. So far it did its work pretty good, but this time there's a mistake that shouldn't happen. 'werden jetzt' belongs to the future. It means that you will now upload it. DeepL is correct here and says 'sind jetzt'. That's what 'are' means.

I believe you; I have little choice. :D

Ich glaube Ihnen; Ich habe wenig Wahl. :D

Continuing the series UIC-X FR coaches, the 2nd class Half Baggage coach is now published, first as 'Draft', then to the Catalogue for potential approval by @Neo. The next to come will be the Baggage coaches, followed by the Social Event versions, all with these same liveries. Here's the latest ones...

Als Fortsetzung der Serie der UIC-X FR-Wagen wird der Halbgepäckwagen der 2. Klasse jetzt veröffentlicht, zuerst als „Entwurf“, dann im Katalog für eine mögliche Zulassung durch @Neo. Als nächstes werden die Gepäckwagen folgen, gefolgt von den Social Event-Versionen, alle mit denselben Lackierungen. Hier sind die neusten...

Douglas

ID :  758CAF46-C3D5-4BDE-81FA-8F6FEA59EDE8

1801310242_2022-12-1200_58_40-Showroom-3DTrainStudioV8.thumb.jpg.6069c1559b91f081b2c96d4ebd5d4b1c.jpg

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

Here are the last of the current UIC-X FR coaches : a Baggage coach and a Social Event coach, in nine liveries. It's quite possible (indeed, most likely..!) that some of the variants presented have never existed in one or other of the liveries. Just put it down to 'fantasy' in that case; I make no claim as to historical accuracy; they are for fun. Screenshot below, with a night shot to show the illumination. They have been published as 'Draft', then again for inclusion in the Catalogue, if and when approved by Neo, in his own time.

Hier sind die letzten der aktuellen UIC-X FR-Wagen: ein Gepäckwagen und ein Gesellschaftswagen in neun Lackierungen. Es ist durchaus möglich (in der Tat sehr wahrscheinlich..!), dass einige der vorgestellten Varianten in der einen oder anderen Lackierung nie existiert haben. Setzen Sie es in diesem Fall einfach auf „Fantasie“; Ich erhebe keinen Anspruch auf historische Genauigkeit; Sie sind zum Spaß. Screenshot unten, mit einer Nachtaufnahme, um die Beleuchtung zu zeigen. Sie wurden als „Entwurf“ veröffentlicht, dann erneut zur Aufnahme in den Katalog, falls und wenn von @Neo genehmigt, in seiner eigenen Zeit.

Douglas

UIC X FR Baggage

UIC X FR Gepäckwagen

91AEAB8F-5FCE-47FF-A835-41F5851674AA

1259963806_2022-12-1215_19_01-Showroom_-3DTrainStudioV8.thumb.jpg.af6d5e3552236b1545dfc9b11c5d1ce0.jpg

UIC X FR Social Event

UIC X FR Gesellschaftswagen 

1D98DF45-F20A-40F4-BB3F-6DB6D19045BD

1292197770_2022-12-1215_25_16-Showroom_-3DTrainStudioV8.thumb.jpg.5c988fca882bf1f1a10a3a071926a10e.jpg

343331082_2022-12-1215_26_14-Showroom-3DTrainStudioV8.thumb.jpg.cc1486d6e961c84a2f7816e3c2e9794a.jpg

1 minute ago, Chris06 said:

... The yellow crane in the photo do you still want to publish it or have you built it for you. Reminds me a little of the Goliat crane from Märklin...

That crane was an experiment in animation, and works as I wanted. I could not, however, resolve the issues of getting to cooperate with the MBS crane functions, so all the movements etc have to be done through manual animations or Event commands. It can't find a target, then take it to a destination as the MBS cranes do. For what I made it for, I call it a success; I don't know if anyone else would have a use for it in their layout. The original model I found on line; I had to take it apart to have extending booms, for instance, or side jacks. That, to me, was the interesting part.
The TGV was a similar challenge, created from an original SketchUp model, it was my first experience of modelling with Blender. Now that it's done its job, it just sits there. What to do with them now..? I have no idea. :D

Dieser Kran war ein Animationsexperiment und funktioniert so, wie ich es wollte. Ich konnte jedoch die Probleme der Zusammenarbeit mit den MBS-Kranfunktionen nicht lösen, daher müssen alle Bewegungen usw. durch manuelle Animationen oder Ereignisbefehle ausgeführt werden. Es kann kein Ziel finden und es dann zu einem Ziel bringen, wie es die MBS-Kräne tun. Für das, wofür ich es gemacht habe, nenne ich es einen Erfolg; Ich weiß nicht, ob jemand anderes eine Verwendung dafür in seinem Layout hätte. Das Originalmodell, das ich online gefunden habe; Ich musste es zerlegen, um zum Beispiel Ausleger oder Seitenheber zu haben. Das war für mich der interessante Teil.
Der TGV war eine ähnliche Herausforderung, erstellt aus einem originalen SketchUp-Modell, es war meine erste Erfahrung mit dem Modellieren mit Blender. Jetzt, wo es seine Arbeit getan hat, sitzt es einfach da. Was soll man jetzt damit machen..? Ich habe keine Ahnung. :D

Douglas

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Dad3353:

The TGV was a similar challenge, created from an original SketchUp model, it was my first experience of modelling with Blender. Now that it's done its job, it just sits there. What to do with them now..? I have no idea. :D

Hello Douglas,

I could integrate a TGV into my layout I'm working on at the moment. It is a virtual landscape in the surrounding of Frankfort. And from my own experience I know that there is a TGV-connection between Paris and Frankfort.

Best regards

Derrick

• 2 Wochen später...

My latest conversion of a SketchFab model, created by gtw6039u1c. I've rearranged the textures into a single multi-texture file, and animated the wheels and piston linkages, using the '_AnimWheel' method. A fine model, for which I will now look for trucks. The re-modelling has taken two days over Christmas, whilst I have a heavy cold, so it has been a welcome distraction.

Meine neueste Konvertierung eines SketchFab-Modells, erstellt von gtw6039u1c. Ich habe die Texturen in einer einzigen Multi-Textur-Datei neu angeordnet und die Räder und Kolbenverbindungen mit der '_AnimWheel'-Methode animiert. Ein feines Modell, für das ich jetzt LKWs suchen werde. Der Umbau hat über Weihnachten zwei Tage gedauert, während ich stark erkältet bin, also eine willkommene Ablenkung.

Douglas

Am 12.12.2022 um 01:15 schrieb Dad3353:

Continuing the series UIC-X FR coaches, the 2nd class Half Baggage coach is now published, first as 'Draft', then to the Catalogue for potential approval by @Neo. The next to come will be the Baggage coaches, followed by the Social Event versions, all with these same liveries. Here's the latest ones...

Am 12.12.2022 um 15:48 schrieb Dad3353:

Here are the last of the current UIC-X FR coaches : a Baggage coach and a Social Event coach, in nine liveries. It's quite possible (indeed, most likely..!) that some of the variants presented have never existed in one or other of the liveries. Just put it down to 'fantasy' in that case; I make no claim as to historical accuracy; they are for fun. Screenshot below, with a night shot to show the illumination. They have been published as 'Draft', then again for inclusion in the Catalogue, if and when approved by Neo, in his own time.

Hello Douglas,

unfortunately not all of your great coaches have been released and only published as a draft. Is there still a problem?

leider sind immer noch nicht alle von Deinen tollen Wagen freigegeben und nur als Entwurf veröffentlicht. Gibt es noch ein Problem?

Viele Grüße
Thomas

24 minutes ago, Leuchtturm said:
...unfortunately not all of your great coaches have been released and only published as a draft. Is there still a problem?...

Hmm... I don't know. I'll investigate...

Hm ... Ich weiß nicht. Ich werde nachforschen...

Edit : Published now, and awaiting approval, as are the others... (y)

Bearbeiten: Jetzt veröffentlicht und wartet auf Genehmigung, ebenso wie die anderen ... (y)

Douglas

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

Hallo @Dad3353

look here

schau mal hier

1547614783_Screenshot2022-12-30224703.thumb.jpg.cfe8dcd465bf5569a50b2785d74a8214.jpg1229481032_Screenshot2022-12-30224807.thumb.jpg.c8de922b39c53dbd5cf3821aa7fcd4cd.jpg1280224771_Screenshot2022-12-30224903.thumb.jpg.cf39c7a622ff32bca346893521beb473.jpg

Is it possible that the coaches that you published as a draft have not yet been finally approved?
Or haven't you written to Neo that the cars should be released? It would really be a shame about the great coaches.

Kann es sein, daß die Wagen, die Du als Entwurf veröffentlicht hast, noch nicht endgültig freigegeben sind? Oder hast Du Neo noch nicht geschrieben, daß die Wagen veröffentlicht werden sollen? Es wäre doch wirklich schade um die tollen Wagen.

Viele Grüße
Thomas

53 minutes ago, Leuchtturm said:

... look here ...

Yes, I've had this explained to me time and time again, but it's a mystery to me. Never mind; I've, once again, published these three coaches, and they are, once again, awaiting approval. Thanks for the 'heads up', I don't watch these things all day and every day, as I'm sometimes busy modelling..!

Ja, das wurde mir immer wieder erklärt, aber es ist mir ein Rätsel. Macht nichts; Ich habe diese drei Trainer erneut veröffentlicht, und sie warten erneut auf die Genehmigung. Danke für die 'Vorwarnung', ich schaue diese Dinge nicht den ganzen Tag und jeden Tag, da ich manchmal mit dem Modellieren beschäftigt bin..!

@Neo : Here, for easy reference, are the ID's of the three coaches still awaiting approval, in your own good time. Thanks in advance.

Hier sind die Ausweise der drei Trainer, die noch auf die Genehmigung warten, zu Ihrer eigenen Zeit, zum einfachen Nachschlagen. Danke im Voraus.

UIC X FR Half Baggage
UIC X FR HalbGepäckwagen

758CAF46-C3D5-4BDE-81FA-8F6FEA59EDE8

UIC X FR Baggage
UIC X FR Gepäckwagen

91AEAB8F-5FCE-47FF-A835-41F5851674AA

UIC X FR Social Event
UIC X FR Gesellschaftswagen 

1D98DF45-F20A-40F4-BB3F-6DB6D19045BD

Douglas

There are some wonderful models hidden away in the Sketchfab site, downloadable for free, and in Blender format. Here is a short video of the latest I've converted, by animating the bogies and wheels, and completely re-working the Materials so as to be compatible with MBS. The original is one of many created by the User 'timblewee'; I shall be working on a few coaches in this same Intercity livery. I am not the creator of these models, but they give me many hours of pleasure converting them, and seeing them run on virtual rails. All credit goes to the original creator, who has my thanks and respect.

Auf der Sketchfab-Website sind einige wunderbare Modelle versteckt, die kostenlos heruntergeladen werden können, und im Blender-Format. Hier ist ein kurzes Video des neuesten Umbaus, bei dem ich die Drehgestelle und Räder animiert und die Materialien vollständig überarbeitet habe, damit sie mit MBS kompatibel sind. Das Original ist eines von vielen, die vom Benutzer 'timblewee' erstellt wurden; Ich werde an einigen Bussen in derselben Intercity-Lackierung arbeiten. Ich bin nicht der Schöpfer dieser Modelle, aber es bereitet mir viele Stunden Freude, sie umzubauen und sie auf virtuellen Schienen fahren zu sehen. Alle Anerkennung geht an den ursprünglichen Schöpfer, der meinen Dank und meinen Respekt hat.

Douglas