Dad335's models (Modellbau...)...

Dad3353

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello Douglas,

I just come from updating V8 and indeed I got the model on my layout. We need still a 5th texture: Blue. That was the longtime colour at DB.

By the way, i clicked your link to Google drive for Stephanie. I find several files but I cannot open them.

Best regards

Derrick

18 minutes ago, Derrick said:

Hello Douglas,

I just come from updating V8 and indeed I got the model on my layout. We need still a 5th texture: Blue. That was the longtime colour at DB.

By the way, i clicked your link to Google drive for Stephanie. I find several files but I cannot open them.

Best regards

Derrick

@Derrick ...
 Try the mbe link again; I've changed the permissions, so anybody should be able to download this file. If there are still issues, there's a problem with your method, and we'll try another way.
When you say 'blue', do you mean something like this..? Does it have to have the silvery roof (it can be done, but it's different textures files to handle...). If it's not this 'blue', have you another photo of the livery you're after..?

Versuchen Sie den mbe-Link erneut; Ich habe die Berechtigungen geändert, also sollte jeder in der Lage sein, diese Datei herunterzuladen. Wenn es weiterhin Probleme gibt, liegt ein Problem mit Ihrer Methode vor und wir versuchen es mit einer anderen Methode.
Wenn Sie "blau" sagen, meinen Sie so etwas ...? Muss es das silberne Dach haben (es kann gemacht werden, aber es sind verschiedene Texturdateien zu handhaben ...). Wenn es nicht dieses 'Blau' ist, haben Sie ein weiteres Foto von der Lackierung, die Sie suchen ...?

841502299_Vettura_passeggeri_DB_I_classe_epoca_III_art._43910_Mrklin.thumb.jpg.8b06809501b39392823e8d7a2a2423bf.jpg

Douglas

Hello Douglas,

the colour of the coach in blue seems to be out of discussion. The silvery roof is the version I took out of the Märklin catalogue from the early 1980s. That was the time when DB changed its colours to ivory/ocean blue. So, it must have been the last version of the old coloration. The two-coloured coaches were only experiences that didn't last for long.

But I'm not overly accurate and would accept also the dark roof as the standard for your models.

Best regards

Derrick

I'll propose, then, a compromise. A lighter roof..! Is that better..? I have, now, two Roof textures, which I can apply as I think best fits the model. No guarantee of historical accuracy, though..! :D

Dann schlage ich einen Kompromiss vor. Ein leichteres Dach..! Ist das besser..? Ich habe jetzt zwei Dachtexturen, die ich so anwenden kann, wie ich denke, dass sie am besten zum Modell passen. Keine Garantie auf historische Genauigkeit, aber..! :D

Douglas

1622299675_2022-11-1621_43_48-Simp_Oval_-3DTrainStudioV8.thumb.jpg.fdb56ecb1f2ff38a254508af22a44994.jpg

If this Blue livery is satisfactory, I can update the current Draft model with this extra livery, and then publish the other coaches in this series (2nd Class, 1st-2nd Class, Half Restaurant, Social Event coach, 2nd Class Half Baggage and Baggage coach, all with these five liveries...). I'll add the relevant ID's when they are published in the next day or two, unless there's a major reason not to.

Wenn diese blaue Lackierung zufriedenstellend ist, kann ich das aktuelle Entwurfsmodell mit dieser zusätzlichen Lackierung aktualisieren und dann die anderen Wagen dieser Serie veröffentlichen (2. Klasse, 1.-2. Klasse, halbes Restaurant, Gesellschaftswagen, 2. Klasse, halbes Gepäck und Gepäck Trainer, alle mit diesen fünf Lackierungen...). Ich werde die relevanten IDs hinzufügen, wenn sie in den nächsten ein oder zwei Tagen veröffentlicht werden, es sei denn, es gibt einen wichtigen Grund dagegen.

Douglas

Hallo Douglas,

wenn es erlaubt ist, hätte ich drei Verbesserungsvorschläge:

1. Die Drehfalttüren sind falsch herum.
  2. Der Halter für das Zuglaufschild ist sehr verpixelt.
  3. Die Zahlen für die Klassen (1 und/oder 2) fehlen.

Hello Douglas,

if I may, I have three suggestions for improvement:

1. The hinged folding doors are the wrong way around.
  2. The holder for the train running sign is very pixelated.
  3. The numbers for the classes (1 and/or 2) are missing.

HG
Brummi

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Dad3353:

'silvery' roof; I'm not convinced... 

because it's the wrong kind of shiny.
Too polished, I'd call it.

I don't know the appropriate values, unfortunately - but you can tweak the two "material" parameters to mimic a different type of surface texture.
(I know - doesn't help much if I can't tell you how. Sorry)

12 minutes ago, Roter Brummer said:

Hello Douglas,

if it's allowed, I have three suggestions for improvement:

1. The rotary folding doors are the wrong way around.
  2. The holder for the train route sign is very pixelated.
  3. Numbers for classes (1 and/or 2) are missing.

If it's allowed..? :D It's the very reason for publishing a Draft..! (y)

1 - Yes, mea culpa. It's an easy fix, as I have the doors as a separate overlay for all the versions. I'll have to export them again, but that's OK.
2 - I had no idea what that thing was (I though maybe a ventilation grill of some kind..?). I can certainly smarten it up, but I shan't go as far as individual labels (too complicated for now, for me...), so it'll have to be a generic route, which may or may not be realistic.
3 - The numbers are there, but they're black, for every livery. Again, I'd suggest a compromise, with white for some, and black for others. It's a shame; there are so many permutations, it's not reasonable to have each livery exactly right for each coach (let alone for the evolutions over time and region..!).

I'll fix these issues and post again when the corrections are uploaded.
Thanks for the support.

Wenn es erlaubt ist..? Das ist der eigentliche Grund für die Veröffentlichung eines Entwurfs..!
1 - Ja, mea culpa. Es ist eine einfache Lösung, da ich die Türen als separates Overlay für alle Versionen habe. Ich muss sie erneut exportieren, aber das ist in Ordnung.
2 - Ich hatte keine Ahnung, was das Ding war (ich dachte, vielleicht eine Art Lüftungsgitter ...?). Ich kann es sicherlich verschönern, aber ich werde nicht so weit gehen wie einzelne Labels (zu kompliziert für mich ...), also muss es eine generische Route sein, die realistisch sein kann oder nicht.
3 - Die Nummern sind da, aber sie sind schwarz, für jede Lackierung. Auch hier würde ich einen Kompromiss vorschlagen, mit Weiß für einige und Schwarz für andere. Es ist Schande; Es gibt so viele Permutationen, dass es nicht vernünftig ist, jede Lackierung genau richtig für jeden Bus zu haben (geschweige denn für die Entwicklungen im Laufe der Zeit und Region ...!).

Ich werde diese Probleme beheben und erneut posten, wenn die Korrekturen hochgeladen sind.
Danke für die Unterstützung.

Douglas

6 minutes ago, Goetz said:

because it's the wrong kind of shiny.
Too polished, I'd call it.

I don't know the appropriate values, unfortunately - but you can tweak the two "material" parameters to mimic a different type of surface texture.
(I know - doesn't help much if I can't tell you how. Sorry)

Cheers, @Goetz, and you're right. I do know how to do this with Blender, and have done for other vehicles, successfully. I'll need to do a test piece, with various combinations of Colour, Metallic and Roughness to establish which gives the best effect, not in Blender, but in MBS, and this will be done in due course. We don't want a 'mirror' effect, or a chrome hubcap; there has to be some notion of texture in there somewhere, and with the basic manipulations I've done so far, I've yet to approach anything suitable. But that's the challenge, isn't it..? Onward and upward..! :)

Prost, @Goetz, und du hast Recht. Ich weiß, wie man das mit Blender macht, und habe es für andere Fahrzeuge erfolgreich gemacht. Ich muss ein Teststück mit verschiedenen Kombinationen von Farbe, Metallic und Rauheit erstellen, um festzustellen, welche den besten Effekt erzielt, nicht in Blender, sondern in MBS, und dies wird zu gegebener Zeit erfolgen. Wir wollen keinen „Spiegeleffekt“ oder eine verchromte Radkappe; Irgendwo muss es eine Vorstellung von Textur geben, und mit den grundlegenden Manipulationen, die ich bisher vorgenommen habe, muss ich mich noch irgendetwas Passendem nähern. Aber das ist die Herausforderung, nicht wahr? Vorwärts und aufwärts..! :)

Douglas

The corrected versions are now published, again as Draft, with five livery versions (I've added the Blue...), with the same ID. Are we ready for the 2nd Class coach versions now..?

Die korrigierten Versionen werden jetzt veröffentlicht, wiederum als Draft, mit fünf Livery-Versionen (ich habe das Blau hinzugefügt ...), mit der gleichen ID. Sind wir jetzt bereit für die 2. Klasse-Wagenversionen?

958A7CFC-5FA9-4C1D-A2DE-65C0DFD48160 (v8...)

Douglas

Hello Douglas, hello all other participants of correspondence about looking of coaches of DB in the 80s!

I do not intend to blow up the discussion about colour of the roofs again. But I am convinced that at this time the roofs had a shade of silver. As a proof I enclose two homemade photos of coaches on my real model layout in Märklin Z. I started it just at the time we are talking of, i.e. early 1980s. They show, too, that the first series of the ivory/ocean blue coaches had this roof. We know them also from MBS catalogue.

I don't matter what will be the choice of majority. I also like the models of Douglas with the dark roofs. The main thing is to have coaches from that time.

Best regards

Derrick

20221117_105919.jpeg

20221117_110035.jpeg

@Derrick...

It will be with great pleasure that I propose silver-roofed coaches, just as soon as I am able to produce the effect with the tools and knowledge that I have; knowledge sadly lacking as I type. It is surely possible, but I don't know how (yet...). I can do a mirror finish, or shiny grey, but have not found the combination of parameters that produce the effect I see clearly in your excellent photos. If there's a Blender expert out there with The Secret, I'd be happy to learn it. Meanwhile, I've two (not fifty...) shades of grey for the roofs, depending on what I think looks best, and referring to small, blurring pictures of the liveries. All of the coaches can receive Exchange Textures, so if anyone wants to re-colour them themselves, they can do so. For the moment, I can do no better. :$

Es wird mir eine große Freude sein, Reisebusse mit Silberdach vorzuschlagen, sobald ich in der Lage bin, mit den Werkzeugen und dem Wissen, das ich habe, die Wirkung zu erzielen; Wissen fehlt leider, während ich tippe. Es ist sicherlich möglich, aber ich weiß nicht wie (noch...). Ich kann ein Hochglanz-Finish oder glänzendes Grau machen, habe aber nicht die Kombination von Parametern gefunden, die den Effekt erzeugen, den ich auf Ihren hervorragenden Fotos deutlich sehe. Wenn es da draußen einen Blender-Experten mit The Secret gibt, würde ich mich freuen, davon zu lernen. Inzwischen habe ich zwei (nicht fünfzig...) Grautöne für die Dächer, je nachdem, was ich für am besten halte, und beziehe mich auf kleine, unscharfe Bilder der Lackierungen. Alle Trainer können Austauschtexturen erhalten, wenn also jemand sie selbst neu einfärben möchte, kann er dies tun. Im Moment kann ich es nicht besser machen. :$

Douglas

5 hours ago, AndreasWB said:

Hello Douglas,

your new models look fantastic. (y)
But - why aren't they built for V7?
Because: V8 doesn't have features worth (for me) to upgrade.

Andreas

I could upload the Gltf files to my Google Drive, from where you could download them; the 'zip' file for this series of five liveries is 30Mb, if that helps. On the other hand, it could be considered as an extra reason for finding value in an upgrade to v8, no..? Hope this helps.

Ich könnte die Gltf-Dateien auf mein Google Drive hochladen, von wo aus Sie sie herunterladen könnten; Die 'zip'-Datei für diese Serie von fünf Lackierungen ist 30 MB groß, falls das hilft. Auf der anderen Seite könnte es als zusätzlicher Grund angesehen werden, einen Wert in einem Upgrade auf v8 zu finden, nicht wahr? Hoffe das hilft.

Douglas

I've not tried publishing to v7. As Drafts, they would disappear after a month unless 'approved', and I'm not sure that new Drafts would be approved in v7. These models work in whatever version accepts 'new" models from Gltf files; it's only the publishing which is current-version dependant (probably so as not to have to maintain all legacy systems, potentially forever...).

Ich habe nicht versucht, auf v7 zu veröffentlichen. Als Entwürfe verschwanden sie nach einem Monat, wenn sie nicht „genehmigt“ wurden, und ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob neue Entwürfe in v7 genehmigt würden. Diese Modelle funktionieren in jeder Version, die "neue" Modelle aus GLTF-Dateien akzeptiert; nur die Veröffentlichung ist von der aktuellen Version abhängig (wahrscheinlich, um nicht alle Legacy-Systeme möglicherweise für immer warten zu müssen ...).

Douglas

Concerning Silver roofs...

Here's a Blender screenshot of my best trial for now, followed by what MBS does with it. I don't know how to do better, and the MBS result does not convince me that it's worthwhile....

Apropos Silberdächer...

Hier ist ein Blender-Screenshot meiner derzeit besten Testversion, gefolgt von dem, was MBS damit macht. Ich weiß nicht, wie ich es besser machen soll, und das MBS-Ergebnis überzeugt mich nicht, dass es sich lohnt....

Douglas

2102562174_2022-11-1715_29_20-Blender_F__ProgramData__Blender__MBS_UIC-X_UIC-X_Coaches_UIC-X-FR_Test_Texture.thumb.jpg.a3cccdd4524ccb9c3a8f6353fe7a78c1.jpg

241433703_2022-11-1715_28_41-Simp_Oval_-3DTrainStudioV8.thumb.jpg.7d272850e85d29fb743827bc92b6c3ce.jpg

Bearbeitet von Dad3353