Dad335's models (Modellbau...)...

Dad3353

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello Douglas,

it seems to me that the problem with your great models is a question of copyright. I understand very well that this is rather frustrating for you. But I understand the difficulties of the MBS operator, too. He would be responsible as the first one in case of copyrights being affected.

If there is a possibility of getting your models individually, I would like to have all those I have installed in my layout:

All tennis players

Little boy running

Little girl running

Little boy standing and

Stephanie, all variations.

Kind regards

Derrick

5 minutes ago, Derrick said:

...it seems to me that the problem with your great models is a question of copyright...

Good afternoon, Derrick...

In the reply above, no mention is made of copyright, and I've been very careful to not publish anything that would infringe such rights. Never mind, it's only of academic interest now.
Here is a link to a Google Drive folder, which contains all the models I had presented, in 'mbe' form, which can be downloaded and imported into MBS. Please inform me if there are any issues of any kind, so that I may rectify. Thanks for your interest in my modest models; I shall continue to make them, as I learn much from that (and that is my primary motivation...).

Guten Tag Derrick...

In der obigen Antwort wird das Urheberrecht nicht erwähnt, und ich habe sehr darauf geachtet, nichts zu veröffentlichen, was solche Rechte verletzen würde. Macht nichts, es ist jetzt nur von akademischem Interesse.
Hier ist ein Link zu einem Google Drive-Ordner, der alle von mir vorgestellten Modelle in 'mbe'-Form enthält, die heruntergeladen und in MBS importiert werden können. Bitte informieren Sie mich, wenn es Probleme jeglicher Art gibt, damit ich sie beheben kann. Vielen Dank für Ihr Interesse an meinen bescheidenen Modellen; Ich werde sie weiter machen, da ich viel daraus lerne (und das ist meine Hauptmotivation...).

Link to Google Drive with 'mbe' files...

Douglas

Hello Douglas,

Thank you very much for sending me the models. I could get all selected persons first to "my models" and from there on the layout. What about the different textures your models had before, are they available, too? It wouldn't be indispensable to have them but the variety would allow more identical persons on one place.

Best regards 

Derrick

9 minutes ago, Derrick said:

...What about the different textures your models had before...

Derrick...

Give me  couple of minutes and I'll add them to the Google Drive. Apologies for the oversight.

Geben Sie mir ein paar Minuten und ich füge sie zu Google Drive hinzu. Entschuldigung für das Versehen.

Douglas

• 3 Wochen später...

The latest conversion to MBS of an MSTS Loco (3D3 512...) and some SNCF wagons. Original Gtlf files from @HWB (thanks, for that...), with permission from the original MSTS modeller. Moving wheels and bogie, animated pantographs and a 'snap-in' driver's seat at each end. I've not done the lights yet, nor opening doors or exchange textures, but they are possibilities. The wagons can be further worked on, to have exchange textures, rear lights, sliding doors, load 'snap-in' points, maybe.

Die neueste Umstellung auf MBS einer MSTS-Lok (3D3 512...) und einiger SNCF-Wagen. Original-Gtlf-Dateien von @HWB (danke dafür...), mit Genehmigung des ursprünglichen MSTS-Modellierers. Bewegliche Räder und Drehgestelle, animierte Stromabnehmer und ein einrastbarer Fahrersitz an jedem Ende. Ich habe die Lichter noch nicht gemacht, noch Türen geöffnet oder Texturen ausgetauscht, aber es sind Möglichkeiten. Die Waggons können weiter bearbeitet werden, um vielleicht Texturen, Rücklichter, Schiebetüren, Ladepunkte auszutauschen.

Douglas

I've added opening door animations to the SNCF covered wagons, and made them into variants for the first wagon (so five in all, for one model...), all with _Custom textures to allow the use of exchange textures.

Ich habe den gedeckten Waggons der SNCF Animationen zum Öffnen von Türen hinzugefügt und sie zu Varianten für den ersten Waggon gemacht (also insgesamt fünf für ein Modell …), alle mit _Custom-Texturen, um dies zu ermöglichen Verwendung von Austauschtexturen.

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

• 3 Wochen später...

Good afternoon, all...

A general question, please, to gauge your collective opinion...

I am in the process, in collaboration with others, to produce a series of UIC-X coaches, with their variants, in a variety of liveries. The basic models are ready, and should be presentable as 'Draft' very shortly. There are many variants, and to create these with all the sophistication that MBS will allow takes time; a lot of time. These, then, are without interiors, for instance, nor opening doors; models with these features are on their way; in the meantime, these are a workable alternative. Now for my question...
Is it more desirable to 'group' these vehicles by livery (all variants in Ivory/Ocean Blue, for instance...) to have, rapidly, a complete train, with 1st and 2nd class, restaurant coach, baggage coach etc...), or, on the other hand, to have each coach separate with its own livery options (2nd class in Green, Orange, Blue, Ocean Blue etc...)..? Either is possible, and can be presented relatively rapidly, and now is the opportunity to choose which form of presentation suits best. For the moment I'll continue to make the various vehicles, awaiting your collegial reaction before deciding. Thanks in advance for your opinion. Here's a couple of screenshots showing some of the prototype work already done, to give some idea...

Guten Tag, alle...

Eine allgemeine Frage bitte, um Ihre kollektive Meinung einzuschätzen...

Ich bin dabei, in Zusammenarbeit mit anderen eine Reihe von UIC-X-Wagen mit ihren Varianten in verschiedenen Lackierungen herzustellen. Die Grundmodelle sind fertig und sollen in Kürze als „Draft“ vorzeigbar sein. Es gibt viele Varianten, und diese mit all der Raffinesse zu erstellen, die MBS zulässt, braucht Zeit; viel Zeit. Diese sind also zum Beispiel ohne Inneres oder öffnende Türen; Modelle mit diesen Merkmalen sind auf dem Weg; in der Zwischenzeit sind diese eine praktikable Alternative. Nun zu meiner Frage...
Ist es wünschenswerter, diese Fahrzeuge nach Lackierung zu „gruppieren“ (alle Varianten zum Beispiel in Elfenbein/Ozeanblau...), um schnell einen kompletten Zug zu haben, mit 1. und 2. Klasse, Restaurantwagen, Gepäckwagen usw.. .), oder andererseits jeden Waggon separat mit eigenen Lackierungsoptionen zu haben (2. Klasse in Grün, Orange, Blau, Ozeanblau etc...)? Beides ist möglich und kann relativ schnell präsentiert werden, und jetzt haben Sie die Möglichkeit zu wählen, welche Form der Präsentation am besten geeignet ist. Im Moment werde ich mit der Herstellung der verschiedenen Fahrzeuge fortfahren und auf Ihre kollegiale Reaktion warten, bevor ich mich entscheide. Vielen Dank im Voraus für Ihre Meinung. Hier sind ein paar Screenshots, die einige der bereits durchgeführten Prototypen zeigen, um eine Vorstellung zu geben ...

Douglas

1220062796_2022-11-1415_38_46-_Huge_00_13_07_1_Cust_-3DTrainStudioV8.thumb.jpg.a945b12124a662a01663f88843264a97.jpg

667785165_2022-11-1415_40_29-_Huge_00_13_07_1_Cust_-3DTrainStudioV8.thumb.jpg.160de86420277dad2d6089a11a6d151d.jpg

Am 30.10.2022 um 02:11 schrieb Dad3353:

Umstellung auf MBS einer MSTS-Lok (3D3 512...)

Hallo @Dad3353,

can it be that the spoked wheels turn backwards or is that just a speed-dependent optical illusion ? asks

kann es sein, dass sich die Speichenräder rückwärts drehen oder ist das nur eine geschwindigkeits abhängige optische Täuschung ? fragt

Henry

1 minute ago, Henry said:

Hallo Dad3353,

can it be that the spoked wheels turn backwards or is that just a speed-dependent optical illusion ? asks

kann es sein, dass sich die Speichenräder rückwärts drehen oder ist das nur eine geschwindigkeits abhängige optische Täuschung ? fragt

Henry

It's a strobe effect, caused by differences between video speed and the wheel's virtual rotation. The same effect is used on the edge of record-player turntables (remember them..?) to adjust rotation speed, and also by car mechanics when adjusting engine timing. When checked at low speed, the loco wheels always rotate as expected, in going forward or reversing. B|

Es ist ein Strobe-Effekt, der durch Unterschiede zwischen der Videogeschwindigkeit und der virtuellen Drehung des Rads verursacht wird. Derselbe Effekt wird am Rand von Plattenspielern (erinnern Sie sich daran ...?) verwendet, um die Drehzahl einzustellen, und auch von Automechanikern beim Einstellen der Motorsteuerung. Bei der Überprüfung bei niedriger Geschwindigkeit drehen sich die Lokräder immer wie erwartet, sowohl bei der Vorwärts- als auch bei der Rückwärtsfahrt. B|

Douglas

Hallo zusammen / hello together

ich plädiere für die Variante, bei der jeder Fahrzeugtyp ein separates Modell ist, das die verschiedenen Anstrich-Varianten als Variationen enthält. Dies hat folgenden Grund:
I advocate the variant where each vehicle type is a separate model that contains the different paint schemes as variations. The reason for this is as follows:

Besitzt ein Modell mit mehreren Variationen verschiedene Animationen, wird durch die Variation 1 festgelegt, welche Variationen im Modell angesprochen werden können. Besitzen also weitere Variationen andere Animationen als Variation 1, können diese im Modell nicht erkannt und nicht ausgelöst werden.
If a model with several variations has different animations, variation 1 determines which variations can be addressed in the model. If further variations have other animations than variation 1, these cannot be recognized in the model and cannot be triggered.

Nun gibt es aber sehr wohl Wagentypen, die sich in möglicherweise implementierten Animationen unterscheiden:
Now there are very well wagon types, which differ in possibly implemented animations:

• Ein normaler Sitzwagen hat möglicherweise Animationen für die Innenbeleuchtung und die Schlusslichter.
  • Ein Steuerwagen besitzt möglicherweise Animationen für das Cockpit und die Stirnlichter.
  • Ein Speisewagen besitzt möglicherweise einen animierten Stromabnehmer.
  • A normal seating car may have animations for the interior lighting and the tail lights.
  • A control car may have animations for the cockpit and the headlights.
  • A dining car may have animated pantographs.

Es wäre hier also wenig sinnvoll, Sitzwagen, Speisewagen und Steuerwagen mit gleichem Anstrich als Variationen in ein Modell zu packen. Umgekehrt ist es jedoch kein Problem, verschiedene Modelle "Sitzwagen", "Steuerwagen" und "Speisewagen" anzulegen, in denen jeweils verschiedene Anstrich-Varianten als Variationen hinterlegt sind. Denn hier kann dann davon ausgegangen werden, dass alle Variationen dieselben Animationen unterstützen.
It would therefore make little sense here to pack seat cars, dining cars and cab cars with the same paint scheme as variations in one model. Conversely, however, it is no problem to create different models of "seat cars", "cab cars" and "dining cars", in each of which different paint schemes are stored as variations. Because here it can be assumed that all variations support the same animations.

Speziell auf die Wagen-Modelle von Douglas (@Dad3353) hat dies zwar keine Auswirkung, da diese keine Animationen enthalten, aber ich würde es persönlich schon für sinnvoll erachten, dass für möglichst alle Modelle das gleiche Variationen-Schema verwendet wird.
Specifically on the Douglas (@Dad3353) wagon models this has no effect, since they do not contain animations, but I personally would consider it useful to use the same variation scheme for all models if possible.

Viele Grüße / many greetings
BahnLand

Here's the first series of coaches, based on a model from @BahnLand. These are 1st Class UIC-X FR (rounded roof front...), in four liveries. They accept Exchange Textures. No animations, and no interiors; the windows and lights glow at night. Posted as Draft, for comment, with the ID...

Hier die erste Wagenserie, nach einem Vorbild von @BahnLand. Dies sind 1. Klasse UIC-X FR (gerundete Dachfront ...) in vier Lackierungen. Sie akzeptieren Austauschtexturen. Keine Animationen und keine Innenräume; Die Fenster und Lichter leuchten nachts. Als Entwurf gepostet, zum Kommentieren, mit der ID...

958A7CFC-5FA9-4C1D-A2DE-65C0DFD48160 (v8...)

1421637484_2022-11-1602_27_53-Simp_Oval_-3DTrainStudioV8.thumb.jpg.1ad7bc93ae86921527b1398bae5c255b.jpg

1965767846_2022-11-1602_28_23-Simp_Oval_-3DTrainStudioV8.thumb.jpg.aae60090e5613abe63154e8e87f7cd5a.jpg

Douglas

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

Am 14.10.2022 um 15:54 schrieb Derrick:

Thank you very much for sending me the models. I could get all selected persons first to "my models" and from there on the layout. What about the different textures your models had before, are they available, too? It wouldn't be indispensable to have them but the variety would allow more identical persons on one place.

Hello Douglas,

I need your help still in an other respect: By a regrettable error I deleted the mbe-file of Stephanie 01. Trying to restore it from your downloaded Google link I were facing error remarks from the programs, i.e. V7 and V8. Is your link invalid or do you have any other explanation for this? I think that it is due to the change of version in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for your help and best regards

Derrick

5 hours ago, Derrick said:

... the mbe-file of Stephanie 01...

Derrick...

This may be my fault, as the file has been renamed to avoid confusion with the tennis player. Here's the link to the mbe file, as 'Girl Standing'. My apologies. As for the coaches : they have been published as Draft only for v8 for now, and can be found in the Catalogue once a layout has been chosen, in the same way as any other vehicle in the Catalogue. Hope this helps.

This may be my fault as the file has been renamed to avoid confusion with the tennis player. Here is the link to the mbe file as "Girl Standing". Excuse me. As for the coaches, they have only been released as a draft for v8 for now and can be found in the catalog once a layout has been selected, just like any other vehicle in the catalogue. Hope that helps.

Douglas

Girl_Standing.mbe on Google Drive, ex-Stephanie_01 ...

Bearbeitet von Dad3353

Hallo / hello Douglas,

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Derrick:

But I were unable to get the models with the code in your message.

kannst Du bitte die Content-ID 958A7CFC-5FA9-4C1D-A2DE-65C0DFD48160 nochmals überprüfen? Bei mir wird nämlich ebenfalls nichts angezeigt.
Can you please check the Content-ID 958A7CFC-5FA9-4C1D-A2DE-65C0DFD48160 again? Nothing is displayed for me either.

Viele Grüße / many greetings
BahnLand

I've the 2nd Class coaches ready, in the same liveries, but I'll hold off publishing until it's certain that all is well. B|

Ich habe die Wagen der 2. Klasse in den gleichen Lackierungen bereit, aber ich werde mit der Veröffentlichung warten, bis sicher ist, dass alles in Ordnung ist. B|